Have stomach issues, upset, blood in feces. Is it urgent I visit a physician?

I have had stomach issues since I was 15 years old. I am now 33 so it has been approx. 18 years. I have an upset stomach about once a week and over the last 2 weeks I may be seeing a little bit of blood in my feces. Is it urgent I visit a physician? There is no colon cancer in my family and the blood mixed in with feces may have started many years ago but it is possible that I have only recently started paying attention. What would you advise?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013