Have stomach flu bug or the west nile virus. Why does neck hurt with swelling?

i have went to the doctor on monday and he said i either have the stomach flu bug or west nile virus , im still waiting on the test results. Today i went to try and eat a fruit snack and had a really bad metalic taste in my mouth and it felt like it was burning my mouth. and now my neck hurts really bad....the left side is swollen, and the top and bottom of my back are hurting really bad. Need to know if I need to talk to my doctor again or what
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. West Nile virus is a mosquito-borne disease that can cause encephalitis, a brain inflammation and is characterized by flu like symptoms and swollen lymph glands [although occur in rare cases]
2. Not everyone who gets bitten by an infected mosquito will get the virus, symptoms of West Nile virus will depend upon Immune system, do check for any rash on chest-stomach-back.
3. Check with your Doctor again for further line of management, investigations and treatment.