Have stomach flu, black stools, blood in stools. Will I be okay?

Hi I ve had the stomach flu for the past 3 days today would be 4 I ve be scared because my stool has been black it was also bloody red at one time when I wipr I drank a whole 64 oz thing of red gaterade to help could that be why my stool was red I haven t ate a lot just a couple bites of chicken noodle soup evey day I been In bed all the days unless I needed to go to the bath room I m going to the doctor to day because my stool was like a liquid black my stool got solid a little bit more I m 16 and I m 5 9 I m 230 lbs I know in over weight I ve been working on it but am I going to be ok
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Hi, many thanks for the query!
You should get physically examined by your doctor for P/R examination & proctoscopy.
Stop eating spicy food, avoid non-vegetarian diet, avoid alcohol (if consuming) & also avoid late night meals.
You need to do- USG (Abdo-Pelvis), Stool (R/M), CBC.
Till then take antispasmodics, antacids like ilaprazole, sucralfate, stool softners with your doctor's opinion.
Drink plenty of water, eat high fibre diet, green leafy vegetables.
Wish you a good health.