Have stomach and pelvic pain with bleeding. On birth control. Is it Ectopic pregnancy?

My girlfriend has had mirena to prevent pregnancy for 5 years and shes 16 years old. shes had it for almost 2 months and shes been having severe pelvic pain , stomach pain, brown/black/red spotting and bleeding some times she says its grey and her body ache and also her shoulders. Will shes been doing here own research and she thinks its an ectopic pregnancy which i doubt cause the pelvic pain started a few hours after we had sex which was 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013