Have stiffness, pain proximal row, radius, thumb bottom, plate and screws in wrist. Advised removal, unsure about pain

I have plate and 8 screws in my wrist to repair broken wrist in Jan/17/2012 . I still have alot of stiffness and pain where proximal row and radius , i also have pain at bottom of thumb side close to the wrist . I also have pain by the plate and screws .Does all pain cause by plates and screws ? My Orthopedic doctor suggest to take them out but he not sure it will solve the problem .What should i do ?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013