Have stents after heart attack. Severe cold, sore throat and flu. Chest discomfort, feeling tired. What to do?

Good Evening,
After Major Heart Attack and 2 extended Stents [There were complications with the 2 existing ones]. Has taken 8months to sort out. Am doing really well now. Last extended Stent fitted January 2013. Have had some Digestive problems, but they seem to improving. This past 3 weeks I have had a dreadful cold almost like Flu still have some thick Catarrh. I am pretty active and have gardened today - cut grass and raked it. So I feel very tired now and alway seem to develop a rather nasty sore throat. I thought symtoms of the Cold that won't clear up. Could this be possibly be Reflux as I seem to have this symtom most evenings and all night. My Chest feels slightly uncomfortable but not Chest Pain.
Could you shed some light on this please. I feel pretty well in myself just very tired.
Medication -:
Coated Asperin, Lansoprazole[2daily]. Clopidogrel, Bisoprolol, Ezetimibe,Candesartan.
Many thanks
Ruth Worthington aged 66 young and fit
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Common symptoms of acid reflux include chronic cough (cough that lasts for more than 1 month), epigastric burning, fullness, heartburn and "waterbrash" (sour taste in the mouth after waking up). You are taking high dose proton pump inhibitor (lansoprazole), thus your gastric acid levels should be supressed.
Things to look for would be any dark or bloody stools, or other evident sources of bleeding, since you are taking dual antiplatelet therapy, and this could lead to gradual, chronic blood losses. It would be ideal to have a hemoglobin checked to make sure no blood loss anemia (common cause of fatigue) has happenned.

If the symptoms persist for more than 4 weeks, it is less likely to be a viral or bacterial infection; however, some viruses like Epstein Barr (cause of infectious mononucleosis) can cause fatigue that lasts for months, and one of the presentations is with a "bad case of sore throat".

Hope this helps.

Dr Brenes-Salazar
Mayo Clinic Rochester