Have spotting, light cramping, constipation. Had unprotected sex during ovulation. Pregnant?

My girlfriend started spotting a week or more before her period is due. She has been lightly spotting for the past 2-3 Days. She has had light cramping, constipation . We are wondering if she might be pregnant or not. She has never spotted before, ever! We had a lot of unprotected sex (besides her pill ) the the day she was ovulating (according to her book) We are going to take a 5 day before period pregnancy test but to settle our nerves we would like to know if anyone thinks she s pregnant. My sister who has been trying to have a baby for years and has finally had one says the timing is perfect and my mother agrees.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
Thanks for your health query.
All the symptoms you mention are not reliable for pregnancy.
ALso, spotting in itself is not a sign of early pregnancy.
If she was on her pill, chances of pregnancy are quite low.
SPotting might be due to stress, weight gain, thyroid problems, endometrial hyperplasia, a polyp, polycystic ovaries etc.
Please take a pregnancy test to know for sure.
It is a simple procedure and there is no point speculating when you can have a reliable, objective result in hand.
If the result is negative, repeat the conventional HPT once she misses her proper period.
ALl the best.