Have spotting before periods and pinkish urine. Is it ovulation bleeding?

My husband and I are both 30 and we have been trying to conceive for 8 months with no luck. I ve always had a relatively normal period usually between 24 and 28 days. Since we stated trying I ve had a lot of spotting between periods. Mostly I ve had two or three days of light spotting before my period starts. In November I had 6 days of spotting before my period, I menstruated for four days, then I had 6 more days of spotting. I called my gyno s office and one of the doctors said to take a pregnancy test and if it is negative (which it was) not to worry about it. This month I had seven days of light spotting and pinkish urine (with one day when I had a lot of bright red blood in the toilet and terrible cramps ) I went to a gyno and she said it was ovulation bleeding. They did a vaginal ultrasound and the technician pointed out my egg, half of which was covered in blood. I came back on the second day of my period and got a bunch of blood tests done which I m waiting on the results of. If this is ovulation bleeding why did it only start when we began trying to conceive? I admittedly am paying a bit more attention to my cycle now but I know I never had this much mid cycle bleeding. Can this be a sign of fertility problems? The doctor didn t really give me any answer as to why ovulation bleeding would suddenly start happening while we are trying to conceive. She said maybe stress . Is this common?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013