Have spots between knee, foot, have white center red periphery, painful touching. What is it?

My wife has three spots on her left leg half way between her knee and foot on the outer side of her leg. They presented two days ago and in the last 24 hours have become worse. They have white color in the center mixed with red and are red on their perimeter, they are relatively flat, painful to the touch and pain is also present down her leg. What are some of the possibilities? I know there are very many.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013