Have spot on head, hurting, feel poking into head, lightened. What is it?

Good Morning, My daughter has been complaining of a spot on her head for about 3 weeks now. When she first brought it to my attention I parted her hair and noticed a light brown squishy spot the size of a half a pinky nail on her head. i told her we would keep an eye on it. She brought it to my attention again last night saying it was hurting and felt like something poking the inside of her head. This spot has lightened in color and is not round like most moles. It has a very odd shape to it. It has not grown just changed color.

What could this be?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013