Have sore throat with pain and burning chest. Any suggestion?

Hi my name is Jessica Orlando. I m having upper chest burning and pain also with a sore throat . But It does not feel like a regular sore throat but its still tough to swollow. My upper back is giving me a little pain Too.Any suggestions? I can usually guess what I have by my symptoms but this time, it s just doesn t make since to me. It s pretty moderate and it started very sudden and its just getting worse as I m trying to sleep. Thank you for your time and help!
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Dentist 's  Response
Hello jessica,
Your symptoms show you are suffering from pharyngitis and acid dyspepsia. For pharyngitis you can have a 5 day course of antibiotic augmentin along with NSAID's. Gargling with lukewarm saline or antiseptic mouthwash chlorexidine will give soothing effect. For acid reflux, avoid spicy food stuffs and carbonated drinks in you diet.You can have Antacids like pantaprazole empty stomach just before your food to get rid of burning sensation. i hope it helps you , take care.

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Mayank Bhargava's  Response
Jan 2013
With the available information, thee is possibility of peptic ulcer disease with presence of ulcer in esophagus.
Presence of chest burning, recurrent sore throat, and upper backache suggests the diagnosis.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for endoscopy to rule out suspected pathology.
You should also go for chest x ray to rule out lung pathology.
You should take cough suppressants, throat soothing medicines, proton pump inhibitors.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
General & Family Physician Dr. Polash Sannigrahi's  Response
Jun 2015
Dear Jessica,
The symptoms as mentioned by you suggest that you might be having Gastroesophageal reflux disease, which is caused by the reflux of acid from stomach to esophagus due to relaxation of the sphincter at the lower part of esophagus.
Medical management consist of taking Omeprazole 20 mg twice a day half an hour before meal.
Metoclopramide can also be used but it has some side effects on long term usage.
Also avoid consuming irritating substances such as acidic & rich foods, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol.
Try to sleep on the left side, or with your upper body raised.
If symptoms still persist, it will be better to consult a Gastroenterologist.
There is no need to will be fine.
Wish you a good health & speedy recovery.
Thanks & Take care.