Have sore throat, fever, head ache and vomiting. On IV due to dehydration. Taken tylenol. Have cough and difficulty in swallowing. Is this viral infection?

Hi I have been feeling sick since Tuesday sore throat fever body aches and pains headache. had to go to emergency and the doctor said i was dehydrated and put on an iv with pain meds for the headache and vomiting . no antibiotics given just to take tylenol extra strength. but i still dont feel well i have started coughing and it hurts to swallow . please can you help me why am i feeling like this family doctor said it is a viral infection
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012