Have sore throat. Diagnosed as tonsillitis. Took penicillin. Feels sick, fever, pain in ear. Could it be ear infection?

Hi there, I have been suffering from a sore throat for a few months. After the doctors, the nurse advised me I had tonsillitis and I was prescribed penicillin to be taken for 10 days. Whilst taken the antibiotics I still felt sick and feverish, even though I was never physically sick or had a temperature. A throat swab was taken which came back positive for strep throat , therefore I was given another prescription of penicillin. I have just finished taken this but im still feeling feverish (even though my temperature is not high) and I now have pain in my ear, could this be an ear infection? If so, how can I still be having these infections after being on two courses of penicillin?
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012