Have sore swollen throat, runny nose, cough. Infant having same symptoms. Any treatment needed?

Hello, for the last week i have had a sore throat.. swollen throat but i have no tonsils, ive had a runny nose a super bad cough and when i wake up i cant open my eyes because they get goopy... and now what ever i have my daughter has.. shes only 6 months old.. she is now starting to get a bad cough and the same symptoms.. ive tried taking everyething nothing is helping and im going to take my daughter back to the dr tomaro.. but her symptoms are not as bad as mine yet. just wondering what this could possably be.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013