Have sore neck, shoulders, after workout felt blood rushing neck up head. Had same feeling. What is it?

On Monday while in a body pump workout class I was doing squats with a 30 lbs bar across my shoulders. I suddenly had a feeling like blood was rushing from my neck and up the back head followed by intense throbbing. All week I have felt like I slept on my neck wrong as my neck, shoulders, and paper back are sore. I took a few days off from the gym but want back tonight. I had the same throbbing feeling while doing cardio just as my heart rate was rising. Any thoughts as to what is going on?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013