Have sore lump under Sternum. Have bloating. Cause and cure?

Hi, for over a month I have had stomach issues - first started with loose bowels for 2-3 weeks accompanied with discomfort / pain / cramping. Most of the time it felt like I was kicked in the groin . That went away but was followed with discomfort just below sternum... when I eat.. it feels movement (not sure how to describe) below sternum. I still have that now but also tightness and there is a lump directly under sternum (center) which is also sore at times. I find I am also bloated often, where it is very uncomfortable. My diet is normal siding on the healthy side. Been holding off calling a doctor thinking it s something simple... now unsure.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013