Have sore hips and shins. White blood count has dropped. Have Anemia. Treatment?

My gp advised to go see a blood specialist as she noticed my white blood count has dropped slightly, we do regular blood checks as I have anaemia and suffer with iron deficiency . When I saw the specialist he advised me to come every month to do blood checks. He told me at this stage he doesn t want to do a bone marrow test, but I am feeling a bit bad, my hips are very sore and also my shins, they feel like they are quite hot sometimes(is this relevant to my condition) my next app is on 4th April. I am 54 and lead a healthy life style and eat well, lots of fish etc and do regular exercise lots of walking at least one hour a day
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013