Have some sort of mass in sphenoid sinus cavity. How to treat it other than surgery?

I have some sort of mass they believe is fluid in my sphlenoid sinus cavity. It was discovered on a CAT scan . The doctor I have seen also thinks I may have a polyp . He was able to shrink it with medlyprednisone and zithromax. He feels that it is imperative that I have surgery to remove it. I am wondering if there is any other option as having surgery in this cavity so close to the brain and carotid artery scares me terribly.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013