Thanks for writing to us about your snoring problem.
First of all I would like to tell you that snoring occurs whenever there is obstruction to air way in sleeping hours when your body muscles are quite relax. This obstruction may be because of -
(1) Deviated nasal septum
(2) Nasal polyp.
(3) Choanal stenosis of posterior choana of nose.
(4) Nasopharyngeal lump may be adenoids , tumors or nasopharyngeal fibroma
(5) Loose or slaked soft palate and elongated uvula.
(6) enlarge lymphoids of base of tongue.
(7) Enlarged tonsils.
(8) Loose and flabby pharyngeal soft tissue
(9) Much submandibular fat giving rise to double chin
(10) Some systemic diseases like - Hypothyroidism
It is possible that any individual may have more than one factor for snoring problem, therefore Through examination by an ENT doctor is necessary to find out the real pathology which may be accordingly plan for treatment.