Have skin pigmentation and swelling after having a tattoo. Taking antibiotics and spraying bactine. What to do?

Tattoo Infection - I have given myself homemade tattoos before and (as far as prisonstyle tattoos go) I have done a pretty good job in the past of sanitation.
This last tat I was doing was a cover-up on my ankle, and I used a different ink than I usually use, which has caused my skin to be red and swollen (it's day 3 now but I am used to new tats enough to know when it looks healthy, which it doesn't.), and I cant afford to go to the doctor for the infection, so I was wondering if you had any advice to help me out?
I have been spraying it with bactine at least daily, giving it plenty of air and avoiding moisture.
also, I have some antibiotics (don't remember the name, no longer in the bottle) that my doctor gave me about a year ago for an infection in my intestine, and I was wondering if I should take these as I was thinking they might help, and I figured it was worth a shot as long as they couldn't make it worse, so could they?
thanks a lot!
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013