Have sinus, bridging by the turbinates. Had septoplasty and turbinate reduction. Taken advair. Further?

I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction about 20 years ago due to sinus issues. The surgery made a huge difference in the frequency of sinus infections and bronchitis for about 15 years. Three years ago, I had sinus surgery which again helped a lot. A cold stayed a cold and did not become a sinus infection/bronchitis. This past year, my sinuses have again started becomming quite angry.I have been sick since November. I continue to have sinus problems despite being on a burst of prednisone , four rounds antibiotics, daily sinus rinses, nasoneb with a steroid and antibiotics.My ct scan from three months ago showed significant left sphenoid infection and some very mild infection in the maxilary and frontal sinuses. I had a repeat ct scan three weeks ago. The repeat scan showed that my sphenoid sinus was only mildly to moderately occluded(improved since previous scan). The recent scan also showed progressive maxilary sinus disease bilateraly and some scarring. There is also mucousal bridging by the turbinates. When I am scoped, the sinuses are extremely red and irritated. The turbinates are enlarged, preventing the sinuses from draining.Now due to constant post nasal drip , I have bronchitis and the vocal chords are extremely inflamed and coated with puss/mucous and I have lost my voice. I went from having a very mild cough to being real sick in 1 1/2 days.The ENT wants to do the following proceedures once this flare up is brought under control.Please translate SMR Turbinates(H), ethmoidectomy total, sphenoid & maxillary endoscopy w tissue removal, prtl excision turbinates fees image guidance I was just put on advair , two weeks of prednisone, antibiotic and neilmed rinse with rx steroid and antibiotic in it.Does the medical protocol I have been having and the reccomended surgery sound right? Read more: Sinusitis Forum - Chronic sinus infection facing revision surgery
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013