Have sickle cell anemia. Why do I have bad cough? Is it a problem with lungs?

Hi Doc, My son just turned 3. At birth i found out that he had sickle cell anemia . Since then he has been hospitalized twice. The last time been June 2012 for 1 month. The problem that i m faced with is a cough that dose nt seem to be going anywhere. It will subside for sometime but anytime he gets sick he starts with a constant cough. When this happens it traumatizes me. Could it be that theres a problem with his lungs?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012