Have short height. Family history of short height. Want medical advice

hello Doctor ! Myself Narendra Singh, age 21 yrs, weight 51 kg, height 5 feet 3 inches. I am very much consult about my height, hence having the great problem of short height . Also I want to tell you that my father & my grandfather are also short heighten, so may be it is genetically. Hence I request to you that kindly give me the medical advice so that it is beneficial for me, as my daily routine is very busy in college & studies, so even I didn t get that much much time for exercises, etc. kindly provide me the effective solution of my problem !
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Dear Concerned.,

Your lack of growth in height could be familial and not due to nutritional deficiency.

The growing age in terms of height is almost over for you . you should have tried high protein diet and stretching games such as basket ball during the age of growth spurts for boys between 17 to 20 years..

Any way now a days there are other techniques of body building. You may put on 05 Kgs more of weight within your limits.

Kindly be reassured that you are not "Dwarf" or "Short" as you are above 157.5 cms of height required minimum for even military service.You can become a pilot also.

Coming to an Orthopedic Surgical Technique "Ilizaro Technique", they increase the height by artificially implanting metal into thigh bone and gradually distancing the split ends of the bone as the bone gradually grows. This is usually done when the left leg is shorter than right and vice versa as a result of healed leg fractures//accidental or War injuries etc.

Please do not get disappointed, your children's height can really be increased by Inj of Growth harmone(Somatotrophin), genetically engineered version available in the markets.

Best Regards.,

Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.