Have shooting pain and radiating numbness at the site of intramuscular injection of diclofenac on the buttock. What is the reason?

Hi, 5 days ago, I received an intramuscular injection of Diclofenac in my upper right buttock. It was extremely painful, but the pain subsided by the next day. However, yesterday (4 days after the injection), I felt a shooting pain at the injection site, and have since had radiating numbness and off-and-on pain at the site. The numb area is the size of my palm, and seems to have gotten worse over the last 24 hours. I tried to go for a run tonight, and was forced to turn back because of the discomfort. The skin looks normal, and there are no lumps or redness at the site. What s going on?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012