Have shingles, red lumps on neck, sensitive, irritable, painful, swollen and tingly. What are they?

I have just been told I have shingles . I have a small group of red lumps on base of my neck which (only noticed 5 days ago) are getting blistery and are slightly sensitive and irritating but my biggest concern is the pain I have in my left arm wich goes down to my fingers and I ve had this for a couple weeks - today my hand feels slightly tingly and swollen and the skin on my lower arm feels sensitive like it has a graze or burn . There is no rash on my arm just the lumps on my neck. Is this typical of shingles?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013