Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
The causes of hand tremors
are numerous and need not be only due to Parkinsons disease
Few causes of Hand tremors -
* Neurological disorders like stroke, multiple sclerosis, parkinsons
* Medical conditions like Alchohol withdrawal, liver and thyroid disorders
* Stress, fatigue , anxiety ,Hypoglycemia
, over use of caffienated drinks
Basically, tremors are of 3 types -
* Resting tremor - It is maximal at rest and decreases with activity and is typical of parkinsonism ( your symptoms are exactly the reverse of this with increased shaking with activity, so parkinsonism can be ruled out in your case )
* Postural tremor - is maximum when limb position is maintained against gravity and commonly seen in metabolic disorders like hyperthyroidism
and due to stress also.
* Intentional tremor - most prominent during voluntary movement towards a particular target and is not present at rest. This is a sign of cerebellar disease
. I suspect this in you.
So, I suggest you to visit a neurophysician and get a detailed evaluation done.
Hope this helps