Have shakes in hand and legs. Have liver disease, hepatic encephalopathy and Hep C. What causes shaking?

My friend has end stage liver disease,and hepatic encephalopathy. She has had Hep C for years. she is slightly yellow skin and has spent the last few months in 3 hospitals and a rehab nursing hospital...She could walk a short distance and stayed at home most of the time. Since her stay in the hospital she is doing much better, but is still has symptoms but much less... She had, and still has times when she is shaking. Her hands were bad, and she could hardly eat. Her legs would bounce off the bed and she has trouble sleeping. She is on a thick liquid now. Question: What is the cause of the shakes? Is it the build up of ammonia? Thank you I am her caregiver Janet
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013