Have severe pain in mouth/ head/ teeth due to a hard palate. Tried gargling, heating pad. No improvement. Suggestions

My husband had been having severe pain in his mouth/ head/ teeth due to a hard palate that's twice the size it should be. He's tried gargling salt water, heating pad on his head to relieve headaches and Motrin but nothing seems to help. Due to his strict work schedule he's been unable to go to the doctor yet. I've been unable to find any help on the Internet. What can we do or what could be the cause?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013