Have severe low back pain mainly at night. Had surgery for bursitis in shoulder.Not cured by chiropractor. Worrisome

hi, I am a 53 year old male with a severe lower back problem .Back in 1984 i had started lower right back problem and had to stay in bed for a number of months .The pain is in the lower back region and my right hip is also afeected .Sleeping is ok but when i get up from bed has the day progress i realy get sore to the point where i have to wear a back brace and believe me very tight in order to keep going for the rest of the day .When i do take walk its not painfull but noticed it get very painfull at night time .If i dont wear my back brace for a few days the pain will get worse so i do have to get the back brace on tight. Years ago i had gotten a bursitis in a shoulder and had surgery and for a while the pain was mostly centered in that area and my lower back was better somewhat and did not have to use the back brace untill recently it seems like the shoulder got better and the entire pain returned to the hip and lower back area .I have done therapy without any success and it seems to worsen the condition . I had cortisone shots in my lower back but no success . i tried Chiropractor without success .There are pain going down my front right leg up to the knee but i am sure that there is a tendinitis in the knee area .Its very soar when i kneel down but only at the end of the day.I was never given an MRI and wondered if i shoul talk to my DR into having one done .I am really in pain everyday and have not worked for years because of this problem and it has ruined my life and not sure what to do to get relief from that pain even enough to go on with a regular day. Thanks John
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012