Have severe ear pain because of cleaning using q-pin. No medication till now. Is q pin the cause?

Hello, my name is Jordan. Four days ago I went to clean my ears with a q-tip. While doing so , I think I went to deep in my left ear which had caused me a lot of pain instantly. The pain in my ear started slowly going away but while that pain was going away i could feel one of my lymp nodes, the left one to be exact, the same side I hurt my ear on started to swell. Ever since I have been miserably sick, not with typical sympthoms of the flu though, I have no stuffy nose, no caugh, no sore throat, no upset stomach. But what I am experiencing is, fevers, swollen throat on my left side, extreamly weak and the occasional pain in my left ear. So what I am wondering is, do you think that putting the q-tip too far in is the cause for what I have been experiencing the past four days? If so, what do you suggest I do? I have been feeling progrerssivly better each day, but I am still bed ridden.
Thank you for your time,
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013