Have serious pain issues, taking methadone, no relief. What can be done?

good morning! i have been taking methadone for years. i have serious pain issues and have worked my way down to with 750mg robaxin (i break in half so it doesn t make me sleepy). i have stopped my roxicodone prn on my own as well. reading the papers that come with my scripts they admonish one to be wary of several things. some of these things i ve experienced, when i got sick. i have detested having to be on pills, ESPICALLY controlled substances! now i am having trouble getting my methadone script filled each month. my regular pharmacy doesn t have it anymore and other places make me feel like an addict and embarrase me! long story short...i ve gotten myself on as small amount as possible and be able to function. 1. is there ANYTHING else i can take/do for pain relief? if so the 2. how do i get off of 13 years of taking methadone? my current Dr. is wonderful & has helped me lots! he does not know yet that i quit taking my prn med. can you offer me any suggestions? oh yeah, i am just learning meditation . thank you so much for your attention. paula
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013