Have seizures and taking carbamazepine, now taking zeptol. Will there be any side effects due to this?

My mom (72 years old), had seizures and has been on Carbamazepine (Tegretol and now Zeptol 400 mg daily). She started using Carbamazepine since 1987 and it has effectively controlled seizures.

However, she feels dizzy from 7:30 am - 12 Noon every day since she started taking the drug (about 26 years). She is an asian-indian and otherwise very healthy. Her excellent physician in India has varied the drug and dosage several times in response to the side effects and has finally settled down to her current drug & dose (Zeptol 400mg daily taken at night).

My questions:
is there an improved formulation which can minimize the side-effects?
Also, is it possible to control the side effects thru another drug and make her mornings better?

thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013