Have scoliosis surgery awaiting manifested into disc problem. Given suboxen. Side effects and post surgery?

i am awaiting surgery for scoliosis that has manifested itself in one year owing to disc problems,it is my my lower back.
I have been given Suboxen for over a year now ,I am concerned of side effects of this med and will it work for post
surgery. My orthopedist does not like the med but my pain management doctor does not want me to be addicted again
so is Suboxen a dangerous med to be taking. Should I return to the vicodin etc I took during earlier surgeries to my hand.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013