Have scar tissue on trigeminal nerve, intermittent muscle spasm. Can hormone replacement cause irritation?

I have possible scar tissue due to viral infection on my trigmenial nerve. I get occasional flare-ups when I ingest stimulants like caffien and chocolate; which I avoid. I recently started a compounded formula of t4 thyroid hormone at 5 mcg, Saturday the 4th. I felt good, then the nerve flared up. I have had intermittent muscle spasm above my lip since last week, very frequent. Can the hormone replacement cause irritation since it has a stimulating effect on the nervous system? I stopped it on the 12th. I have had 3 MRIs which showed no lesion for MS or anything else. Or could this be a compression from a artery that has not been diagnosed through a MRI? If it is compression, it seems that it would be more often than every few months. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  44 Awaiting Answer