Have sand flea bites. Intense pain. Tried tylenol. Treatment?

I have a sand flea bites which I got on my last day in Cuba, Jan. 20/13. I seem to have had a severe reaction that caused huge welts that I received medical treatment for (antihistamines, Cloxicillin), and a glucosteroid ointment. The problem has been intense neuralgic pain in my legs, arms and backs of my hands for which I ve had to get Tylenol 3 s. I don t know what is going on, and both my GP and dermatologist I saw are stumped about the pain. Has anybody heard of this kind of pain associated with sand flea/fly bites?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013