Have salty feeling in mouth. Following a healthy diet. What could be the cause of salty saliva?

24 years old, healthy, active female. BMI normal. I ve been starting to have a salty feeling in my mouth which started about a week ago. It s presence is constant. I think that the saliva I secrete might be salty. It never does away even after brushing my teeth or chewing gum. I think that it may be caused by my diet but am not sure. I eat grains for lunch with vegetables and a protein for dinner with vegetables. In between I eat fruit and yogurt as snacks. I eat two eggs for breakfast with some salt added (but that is the only time I use salt). I think that I might be ingesting too much sodium. The vegetables I eat always come from cans. The only fresh thing that I eat apart from fruits (apples and bananas) are cherry tomatoes in my main meals. Recently, a cavity filling fell out of one of my molars leaving a big hole there. I try to clean it properly since I cannot get to a dentist where I currently am and will only be able to see one come May. Luckily, there s no pain or sensitivity. What could be the cause of this salty saliva?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013