Have rumbling in ear and tightens jaw. Remedy?

My right ear has been constantly rumbling the past two days. The feeling is driving me mad. It kind tightens my jaw at that side. My ear feels like a cotton ball is stuck inside when my ear rumbles. If I put pressure on the inside of my ear with my finger it relieves the rumbling for like a minute but comes back. I don t know how to make it stop. Please tell me what to do.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding rumbling in your ear which got little relief on clinching your teeth or putting finger in your ear.

Your symptoms favors eustachian tube dysfunctions and is due to tubal obstruction.
Here i would like to suggest you for-

(1) Tab paracetamol.

(2) Steam inhalation.

(3) Anti histaminic & decongestant.

I hope this will help you