Have rod insert in left femur twice. Taking xanax and tramadol. Suffering from shooting pain. Guidance

hi, ive had a rod insert in my left femour twice. 12yrs ago to be exact and then again same place one year later. I had 2 placement pins removed prior to first rod removal, then a second break one year after rod removal with dr.s clearance it would not break 'ever' in ther same place. the final result was rod reinserted through the hip instead of knee which was first location. Then again pins removed for pain and I left the rod for insurance after nearly bleeding to death the first time and close call to compound again the second. so, over the years I've experienced a dull mixed with shooting pain which is thru my entire leg and up my back. The leg was x-rayed and showed movement of the rod in the center of my bone. the movement was so excruitiating I thought my knee went out and couldn't move. Since my accident I have had increased anxiety and stress resulting in sleep and waking issues. I'm taking 6x 1mg xanax a day for this, 3 in pm & 3 am. Then, 4x the reccomended amount of tramadol 50mg. no changes, worsened sleep and no pain releif. I'm a young healthy? 28yr old male with no other illness but a possible skin sensitivity to the nickel in the alloy. I have to work a very physically demanding job and I need help or ideas.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013