Have regular phlegm and mucus from nose and throat. Had Tonsillectomy done. Solution?

I had undergone tonsillectomy surgery when o was 10. Now I am 22. Still now I have a regular problem of phlegm and mucus both from nose and throat . I went to several doctors. All of them prescribed nothing but cough syrups. And the peculiar thing is that the phlegm coming out is a white jelly like thing. As a self medication I drank hot water regularly and avoided dairy items to clear my airway. But every time this its not practicable. This thing becomes harsh during winter. So likely give me a solution doc
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013