Have regular, long, painful periods. Had migraines. Prescribed claire pills. Pills cause headache? Other medications?

Hi, I am 18 years old, and have regular, long and painful periods. During my high-school years I suffered from migraines. I recently saw a gynecologist for the first time, and asked to start taking birth control pills to easy my periods. I am not yet sexually active. When I told the doctor that I suffer from migraines he recommended Claire pills. When I bought the pills I realized that in the insert there are cautions that the pills can cause headaches. Should I take this pill, or is there a more suitable contraceptive for women who suffer from migraines?
Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013