Have red swollen uvula with mucus. Was given Prednizone and amoxicilin for throat infection. Suggestions?

Hi 19 year old male normal weight i have a red swullen uvula with alot of mucus. I feel like every time i burp its acidy and makes my throat feel weird. I went to a doctor and u can see a little bit of a throat infection in the back next to where i got my tonsill removed. I do smoke weed not alot but a little bit a couple times a week. I was given prednizone and amoxicillan for my throat infection...should i be worried?? I feel like its harder to breathe when im dehydrated and running around. Im not smoking until my throat heals but i dont kno when tht will be. And i also feel like when i gag i could have something caught in dr diagnosed me with sinusitus and post nasal drip and a sore throat. Not suree if i was diagnosed right. Could it e a throat abscess?? Thankyou.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013