Have red line on white part of eye. No medication till date. Is it required to visit a doctor?

Hi, I recently noticed this red line on the white part of my eye. People say its normal but this one appeared about two weeks ago and is still there. I have read some articles and they say that growth of new blood vessels in the eye doesnt happen just like that and i dont wear contacts or anything like that which could cause it. Also I know that eye blood vessels are suppost to be connected to the back of the eye...but this one isnt. Its just a line and it sort of reminds me of a scratch but i cant remember scratching or hurting my eye anywhere. Its really annoying because its quite prominent. Will it go i need to go see an eye doctor? Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013