Have red, itchy, sore bumps in groin area. Applied tea tree oil. Skin seems peeling off. Could it be jock itch?

Hi, I have open red itchy sore in my right groin area. I applied tea tree oil which seems to help the itch. I noticed it a few days after I trimmed my pubic area. I had a few small red bumps in my pubic area (razor burn?) which have since flattened and seemed to peeling, perhaps from dryness of skin . Could it be jock itch? Its only 1 sore. Not bleeding, but seems to be infected, as its in the groin area and rubs often. Thanks for your assistance.
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012