Have recurring bartholins abscesses. Brown fluid coming from bartholin gland. Should I take sitz bath?

I am 28 years old and have had recurring bartholins abscesses for several years. I have never had them lanced, I have always let them come to a head and drain on their own. They have become less severe since I have done this, and I have also reduced my gluten intake and have stopped using antibacterial soaps on my body which seems to help. I am 5 4, 175 pounds. My question is that on my left side, an infection seems to have come up in my bartholins gland , but it is not blocked, in fact I can press on it and express some light orange / light brown fluid. It does not hurt at all, and it seems to be decreasing in size (it felt like about the size of a bean and was easily pressed out.) My question is, should I take a sitz bath, or would that be bad for it to be submerged in water when the duct is obviously open? Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
if you have repeated abscesses may consider a minor surgical procedure called marsupialization.1.The procedure involves creating a small, permanent opening to help the gland drain.2.procedure may done under general anesthesia in hospital
3.You should begin soaking in warm water 1 - 2 days afterward. You cannot have sexual intercourse for 4 weeks after surgery.
4.You can use oral pain medicines after the procedure, including narcotics if you need them .success rate of this operation more than 90percent