Have recurrent raised rash at night on chest and upper back. Advice?

Hello, may girlfriend is a 33 year old female and she has been getting a recurrent rash at night time. its mostly central on her chest and upper back, sometimes on an upper arm but never both,it alternates, it is hot to touch and dry but not uncomfortable or itchy for her. The skin feels sightly evenly raised in the affected area with noticeable temperature difference unaffected skin only and inch from the border of the red rash. Its gone by morning with no intervention? I was wondering would this be a food allergy ?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013