Have rectal tenesmus. Urge to go to bathroom. Taken Immodium for diarrhea

I m a 17 year old girl, 20 days ago I had serious diarreah problems due to a virus,i felt better after taking some immodium for 2-3 days but i have a bigger problem i wake up with rectal tenesmus every day since then and it doesn t go away until i go to sleep, i stayed on a diet but it didn t help, my doctor said it s nothing to worry about,I ve been at the hospital for 5 days where they checked all my symptoms but it was all negative, no Crohn ,no nothin, i go to the toilet normally twice a day, my tenesmus is stronger in the morning and i ve been missing many school days because i can t manage to sit in class for more than10 minutes,and can t handle my 20 minutes bus ride anymore, it has now been a month and i don t know what to do anymore, i feel like I always need to go to the bathroom and never feel empty once finished,I can t go out of my house and this is not how I want to spend the rest of my life, I want my life back, I want to go to school and hang with my friends and family like I used to, without this frustrating feeling. I would really appreciate some advice because no one in my family understands what i go trough and they think I m crazy. Thank you very much and sorry for my english, I m italian-
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012