Have rectal prolapse. Anal sphincter protrusion. Is this due to a hemorrhoid? Any non-surgical treatment?

I have what I think is a mild rectal prolapse . the sphincter of my anus seems to protrude slightly, then when I defecate, it gets worse. it never seems like my rectum comes out, and after a few minutes it returns to the way that it was. or I can massage the the anal sphincter muscle for a few minutes and it will improve. I ve started to notice that maybe a vessel (?) on my anus seems to engorge, it looks purple-ish, and the skin there seems a little thinner. perhaps a hemorrhoid starting? i d really like to resolve this but would like to avoid surgery at all possible costs. do you have any recommendations? thank you so much!
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012