Have rectal adenocarcinoma, bleeds easily, has infiltrated. What can I do while awaiting treatment?

hi there, i am a 46 y/o male just diagnosed with t3 n+ m0 rectal adenocarcinoma . The polyp is about 4.3cm long and 2.3cm wide, on the rear wall of my rectum at between 6 to 10 cm from the anus. It bleeds easily and has infiltrated, but seemingly not beyond the wall of the rectum into the fatty tissue - yet - although local lymph nodes are swollen. what can i do whilst awaiting treatment in terms of what can i eat to help fight off this cancer, and how debilitating is the prescribed chemo and radiation therapy?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012