Have re occurring of yeast infection. Advised for medication but not taken. Is ointment enough?

Hello, I suffer from re occurring yeast infections. I have tried everything with no results , my gyno says its just my hormones & take a pill a few days before & after my period. As of Sunday I started to feel the symptoms & I ignored them. I now have a lesion the size of a dime, it almost looks like its oozing yellowish puss. itis so painful it's hard to walk. Can i put the ointment that comes with the Monistat cream to calm the pain? Or should I let it air out & wait for it to heal?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013