Have raised lumps on eyelids, sunken eyes, , dark rings. Told signs of hepatitis c

My Ex's mother has raised lumps on her eyelids, sunken eyes, and very dark rings under her eyes. Another concerned mother told me that the bumps are signs of hepatitis C and I know that she lived a risqué lifestyle in her past. Hard subject to bring up with someone, but I am concerned to let my child alone in her home if she may have something so serious and does not know to take precautions. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013